How to Verify PayPal Account
In order to use a PayPal account to process payments for your forwarding services, you’ll need to have a verified PayPal account. If your PayPal account is not verified, we won’t be able to link it to your forwarding account.
Here's how to verify a PayPal Standard (Personal) Account and a PayPal Business Account on PayPal. Please note that the steps below are basic verification requirements. Any additional verification details (such as your individual taxpayer number) will depend on your country’s legislation. When you’ve completed verifying your PayPal account, connect it to your Parcl account.
How to Verify Personal and Business PayPal Account
Now, when you’re logged into your PayPal account, follow these steps to verify it:
- Confirm your email address. This is a standard procedure.
Confirm your mobile phone number. It’s another basic, but very important part of Paypal account verification. Whenever you log in from an unknown device, PayPal will send a verification code to this number, so your money and account will remain safe.
To complete mobile phone verification, go to account settings, click on Add mobile phone and enter your mobile number, then click Add. Click on Get Code. Paypal will send you a six-digit verification code. You will then have to enter this code within 10 minutes of when it’s sent by Paypal (it expires in 10 minutes).
- Link your bank account.
- Select the Link a Bank icon beneath the Get More from PayPal headline or from your account dashboard. If you do not see the icons, tap the Complete Your Profile link at the top of your PayPal account interface.
- Select your bank from the list. If you don’t see your bank, select I Have a Different Bank at the bottom right.
- Fill out your bank account information. If you are not sure how to fill in your bank details, request this information from the bank. Click Continue.
- Next, Paypal will send 2 separate deposit amounts to your bank account. These deposits will be less than $1.00 and are merely forms of confirming your bank account for PayPal. Once you receive them, enter the amounts to confirm your bank account.
Link your credit card.
- Click the Add a credit card button.
- Fill in all required details and make sure the card number is entered correctly. For the card type, select the same as shown on your credit/debit card. When done, click Add Card.
- After the card details are entered, Paypal will charge your card a small amount, usually less than US$1. This charge will be automatically reimbursed within minutes.
- After that, go to your card details page, click Confirm my card. The page will show a confirmation of the card to be verified. To verify your card, you will need a 4-digit code. You can find this code in the payment description field on your credit card statement.
- Enter the code to verify your card.
Once you successfully complete all verification steps, return to your payment details page and connect your verified PayPal account to your Parcl account.
If you have questions regarding the Paypal account or need assistance verifying it, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.